Many of you know I am an open book. I like to talk and talk and talk about many things. I share many of my life experiences whether it is a joyful experience or a heart breaking experience. The road to parenthood was a combination of both....
After getting married in 2004, we weren't in any rush to have a baby. Sure, we talked about it, but it was just talk. Then in February of 2005, I took a test....and it was positive! Naturally we were very excited, however our excitment soon turned into sorrow when I miscarried shortly after learning that we were pregnant. This was not the only miscarriage that we would have to suffer through. I had a total of 4 miscarriages before getting pregnant in June 2010.
In 2010, after the miscarriages and 2 rounds of fertility treatments, we were determined to get pregnant and keep the baby! Finally, we had another positive sign, but this time I felt different. I just knew that this pregnancy was going to be different than the previous ones. However, we still took ONE DAY AT A TIME. It was a very humbling process because we knew that this pregnancy could end at anytime. It turns out this little one is a fighter! Not only were we determined to keep a pregnancy, she was determined to be born into this world!
The pregnancy was a pretty good pregnancy. As side from the heartburn she would give me, everything was great! Little Miss decided to enter this world 3 weeks early on February 10th (I told you she was determined) and our life hasn't been the same ever since! Her daddy jumped right into his role excited to be involved in every aspect of her infancy (something he wasn't able to do with his son), but I found that I was having a hard time with my role. Don't get me wrong, I loved her and was so happy that she was here and healthy. I was just overwhelmed by this new responsiblity called MOMMY. I felt like I needed an owners manual for this little person! But with the love a support of my husband, parents, and sister.....each day became easier and easier.
Fast forward 2 months, and now I have a big cheek, bright eyed, sweet baby girl who has a smile that lights up the room and makes her mommy and daddy laugh everytime. She amazes me everyday! And now I am able to embrace the title of MOMMY.
No comments:
Post a Comment